This Beef and Rice Medley recipe stood out because we had the ingredients and it looked simple. I was worried that Matt wouldn't like the diced tomatoes. After dinner he said it would have been better without onions, he's getting used to tomatoes.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
1. Place ground beef and onion in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain excess fat. Stir in water and rice. Season with beef bouillon and black pepper. Simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Stir in diced tomatoes and green peppers. Simmer another 10 minutes, until green pepper is tender. Sprinkle top with cheese.
Since I have a difficult time making a recipe just as it is I did add some garlic and parsley to it as well.
Look for other gluten-free recipes on The Gluten-Free Homemaker, What's For Dinner Wednesday.