- Tacos - We also have corn tortilla shells on hand. Tacos are great for picky eaters - you can use chicken, beef, pork or veggies and everyone can customize their own toppings.
- Nachos - We like to cover a tray with tortilla chips and sprinkle chicken and cheese. If we don't have chicken we'll use black beans and corn. After the cheese is melted we add tomatoes, onions, lettuce, salsa and sour cream. It's a bonus if we have guacamole.
- Quesadilla - Are you noticing a theme? We almost always have tortillas, cheese, tomatoes, etc on hand. I love adding olives in my quesadilla. This is a great meatless option.
- Eggs & Hash browns - Typically we make scrambled eggs and add mushrooms, green peppers and onions. Serve with hash browns and fruit.
- Breakfast Burritos - Again, those tortilla shells come in handy. Cook some scrambled eggs (feel free too add some sausage) and add your favorite toppings. Serve with fruit.
- Chili - I rarely follow a recipe for chili. Keep your favorite ingredients on hand so you can make it in a pinch. We like to make a large batch and save the leftovers to make chili fries.
- Baked Potato - Bake your potatoes in the oven or microwave, I know some people wrap them in foil and cook them in a crock-pot. We often serve these with a medley of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Then add cheese, sour cream, butter or salsa. Everyone can customize it to their liking. I like to make an extra for lunch the next day.
I hope these ideas serve as a reminder that it doesn't have to be complicated to eat gluten free. Don't be afraid to keep things simple. I'd love to hear your quick go to meals.