July 19, 2010

Gluta-baby Arrived

I've been a little distracted lately since Gluta-baby (as Nate's cousin affectionately refers to him) has arrived. Broderick Christopher was born on April 11th weighing 7lbs 5ozs at 21 1/2 inches long.

The day before Brody arrived Nate's grandma was telling us how gluten is passed on through breast milk. Since we decided I would be nursing I would be best if I ate gluten free due to the high prevalence of celiac disease in the family. I have been eating gluten free for 3 months now. It actually hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would. Part of it is probably because we pretty much ate gluten free at home.

However, I was more concerned about returning to work. My coworkers have been pretty supportive of it as well. My boss baked a cake using the Betty Crocker cake mix so I could celebrate a coworker's birthday with everyone and she bought ice cream for my anniversary.

At our weekly team meetings we're always trying different restaurants so I've had to ask questions regarding my meal. I have discovered new places I'd like Nate to try that we have been hesitant about before. I have a ton to post about it's just finding the time with the baby.

No comments: